Friday, January 15, 2016

This Ain't Easy

This ain't easy.

I was unexpectedly admitted to the hospital down in Huntsville, AL on the 27th of Dec. and straight into ICU. I have ascites, combined with cirrhosis of the liver and my liver is starting to shut down. The cirrhosis is caused by a fatty liver, and, because of the ascites, I'm bleeding internally, my abdomen is filling with fluid, which is compressing my lungs, making it very hard to breathe. The doctor told me this afternoon that there's a survival rate of fifty percent after two years and downhill from there. 

The docs here say that they will treat this with a diet limiting sodium and fluids and large doses of diuretics to keep the fluid build-up to a minimum.

Pards, I don't know when or how this will turn out, but I'm gonna stick with this game we all play just as long as I can. Hope to meet and shoot with as many of you as possible between now and whenever. Any prayers, good thoughts or well wishes will, as usual, be greatly appreciated.

Bama Red

UPDATE

I'm home from the hospital - got in about 8 PM last night (New Year's Eve) and my Bride had a New Year's Eve supper waiting for me - mushroom smothered steak, baked potato, corn on the cob and orange sherbet for desert. YYYUUUUMMMMMMM!!!

I'll ask for your prayers to continue, cause the hard part starts now - living with all the restrictions, medicines and continuing tests, procedures, etc., etc., etc. Hope to see as many of ya as possible down the trail.

Bama Red

No comments: